Bathrooms: from design to completion
Creating bathrooms is our passion and at Smart Fit Solution we have earned a reputation amongst our customers for being imaginative designers. Over the years we have learnt what works and importantly, what does not and we have used that experience to build our design credentials.
When we plan a bathroom or en-suite we always listen carefully to our customer’s requirements and we incorporate as much as possible from their wish list. Sometimes we need to compromise due to space or other limitations but we always come up with some alternative ideas, turning drawbacks into benefits.
We are prepared to work with our customers as long as necessary to achieve the perfect design. Take a look at the sleek 5* hotel-looking, black and white bathroom below – this took 33 different design considerations to create. Together with the customer we had to find and compare all the available products on the market without spending ridiculous amounts of money to finally get everything to match perfectly. To see the full project click here
Lighting creates moods and is another tool we like to use in our designs; we never limit our imagination and love to experiment. This customer, who trusted us with their bathrooms, was very impressed with our ideas and their implementation.
On the images below you can see the lights under the wall mounted sink unit, under the bath panel and in the created alcove in the bath area. We also created space on top of the window to fit another light there, adding more “depth” to the room. To view the complete project click here
We have also worked on very complex projects with a number of challenges. This particular scheme included a number of issues which had to be resolved:
- create a bathroom with two doors, blocking up one of the existing doors and creating another one which opened in to a different bedroom
- remove the bath and other old fittings, re-design the room to accommodate all the new pipework and electrics and install them
- design and create the space to fit a walk-in shower, taking into account a number of issues including the need for the shower mixer to be located close to the entrance, prevent the shower splashing the floor and keep moving parts to the minimum
- create the space, provide all the electrics and fit a built-in, mist-free, LED touch wall mirror cabinet with two shaver sockets
- create the child-safe electronic door locking mechanism that would allow both doors to lock simultaneously with one button, notify other people that it is occupied and have a external safety switch to unlock it in case of emergency. This was not available on the market, so we had to build it ourselves.
At the time of publishing this article the project had been finished and in use for two years and everything is working as expected.
To view the full project details click here